UX design contractor? Join us.
We’re looking for a UX design contractor to join RSA’s Digital Team, delivering exceptional customer experiences for our most important insurance partners.
This is a contract role with two key areas of focus:
- Leading experience design for one of RSA’s newest insurance partners, as part of our larger Transformation programme.
- Supporting the user experience optimisation for some of our existing retail partners, including High Street brands such as John Lewis, Marks & Spencer, and Argos.
Leading the user experience for a new partnership.
We’re about to start a new relationship with a well known brand, bringing them into the RSA family of partners and onto our latest insurance platform. We need a UX designer who can confidently lead the customer experience design process for this stream of work.
You’ll be building upon our RSA Experience Blueprint, making it work effectively for a new partner both in-branch and online. You’ll also help shape future services for this customer, exploring how best to manage their insurance products online.
You’ll be involved throughout the project lifecycle, from early exploratory work through to delivery and testing.
We’ll expect you to:
- Facilitate workshops with our partners to understand their requirements, processes, and customers.
- Self-manage your work, with a focus on delivering value for customers throughout the project timeline.
- Lead meaningful conversations with RSA team members across disciplines, asking questions that get to the heart of problems.
- Present design decisions effectively – sharing the rationale and evidence behind your work in a way our partners understand, so they can feedback constructively.
- Sketch and prototype design concepts, working with an interaction designer and a content writer to articulate new user experiences ready for testing and development.
- Support project team members (both internal and external) to help them understand where UX can better fit into the project process.
- Act as an evangelist for great design practice in your project team, taking ownership of this function and supporting effective planning of your work.
- Plan, recruit, and run design test sessions with customers.
You’ll need to hit the ground running to support a larger team who are gearing up for an exciting new phase of transformative work for RSA’s partners.
Supporting existing partners.
Alongside new partnership work, you’ll help us optimise the online experiences for some of our existing relationships. You’ll be working with analytics, optimisation, content writers, and development teams to deliver continuous improvement for our users.
This will involve close collaboration with product owners and optimisation partners to meet business objectives and improve customer satisfaction.
You’ll need to manage existing partner optimisation alongside our transformation work, so strong communication and time management skills are essential.
What we can offer you.
In return you’ll have the support of a friendly and enthusiastic Digital team who will make you feel part of the permanent team throughout your time with us. This means invitations to company socials, joining team lunches, and taking part in our regular knowledge sharing sessions.
We’ll show you how great design happens in the complicated world of a 300 year old insurance company. We know we’re not perfect, so we’ll also invite your feedback on how we can improve the ways we work, contributing to the team’s development and your own experience.
You’ll get to work closely with dedicated content and data analysis teams, seeing how collaboration between these experts can result in better experiences for our customers and partners. If you’re used to working agency-side, you’ll gain valuable experience with an ambitious in-house digital team.
You’ll get to shape the way insurance products are sold for one of the UK’s best loved building societies, and contribute to the ongoing optimisation of our Digital products for some of the best known high street brands.
It would be a real bonus if you’re familiar with the complicated world of insurance and feel comfortable working within Agile teams. We practice Scrum at RSA Digital, so you’d be working closely with the other disciplines that make up our project teams.
We expect this role to last 12 months (through rolling 3 month contracts), based mainly on site with RSA’s Digital Team in Horsham. Occasional remote working may be an option at appropriate phases of the project.
We offer competitive day rates, so please let us know your expectations when getting in touch.
How to apply.
To apply, please head over to our join us page and fill out the contact form. Please include a link to your portfolio (website or hosted PDF link is fine).
The interview process.
We’ll review enquiries as they arrive, arranging calls with candidates who fit the bill to find out a little more about you and answer any questions about RSA Digital. If we’re both interested in taking things further, we’ll schedule a face-to-face interview at our Horsham office.
If we mutually agree it’s a great fit, we’ll start the process of on-boarding through our HR department. We hope to have you working with the team by late December 2017/early January 2018.
We look forward to hearing from you!