Calling all contract Interface Designers.
We’re looking for a User Interface Design contractor to join the RSA Digital Team, helping deliver exceptional UI for our most important insurance partners.
This is a contract role with two key areas of focus:
- Delivering a new interface design for one of RSA’s insurance partners (and their multiple brands), as part of our larger Transformation programme.
- Supporting the interface optimisation for some of our existing retail partners, including High Street brands such as John Lewis, Marks & Spencer, and Argos.
Delivering interface design for a new insurance partner.
We’re about to start a new partnership with a well known brand, bringing them onto our latest insurance platform. We need an interface designer who can confidently translate our partner’s brand into an engaging experience for customers.
You’ll be building upon our RSA Experience Blueprint, customising it for our partner’s in-branch and online users. You’ll also help design future services for this customer as part of our transformation work, exploring the best interface for managing their insurance products online.
You’ll be involved throughout the project lifecycle, from early exploratory work through to delivery and testing.
We’ll expect you to:
- Facilitate design conversations and with our partners to understand their brand and audience.
- Translate their brand to work with our insurance platforms, customising our Blueprint experience to suit the needs of their customers.
- Collaborate on early design concepts, working closely with a UX designer and a content writer.
- Deliver high quality design patterns that work effectively across screen sizes and device types. Test your work regularly across these devices, and in a variety of contexts.
- Refine your work based on feedback from test sessions and group critique.
- Document and share your decisions with the wider project team, helping them learn from your process.
- Self manage your work, focused on delivering the most value customers throughout the project timeline.
- Lead meaningful conversations with RSA team members across disciplines, asking questions that get to the heart of interface problems.
- Present design decisions effectively – sharing the rationale and evidence behind your work in a way our partners understand, so they can feedback constructively.
You’ll need to hit the ground running to support a larger team who are gearing up for an exciting new phase of transformative work for RSA’s partners.
Supporting existing partners.
Alongside Transformation work, you’ll help us optimise the UI for some of our existing commercial partners. You’ll be working with analytics, optimisation, content writers, and development teams to deliver continuous improvement for our users.
This will involve close collaboration with product owners and optimisation partners to meet business objectives and improve customer satisfaction.
You’ll need to manage existing partner optimisation alongside our transformation work, so strong communication and time management skills are essential.
What we can offer you.
In return you’ll have the support of a friendly and enthusiastic Digital team who will make you feel part of the permanent team throughout your time with us. This means joining us for company socials, coming to team lunches, and taking part in our regular knowledge sharing sessions.
We’ll show you how great design happens in the complicated world of a 300 year old insurance company. We know we’re not perfect, so we’ll also invite your feedback on how we can improve the ways we work, contributing to the team’s development and your own experience.
You’ll get to work closely with dedicated content and data analysis teams, seeing how collaboration between these experts can result in better experiences for our customers and partners. If you’re used to working agency-side, you’ll gain valuable experience with an ambitious in-house digital team.
You’ll get to shape the way insurance products are sold for one of the UK’s best loved building societies, and contribute to the ongoing optimisation of our Digital products for some of the best known high street brands.
It would be a real bonus if you’re familiar with the complicated world of insurance and feel comfortable working within Agile teams. We practice Scrum at RSA Digital, so you’d be working closely with the other disciplines that make up our project teams.
We expect this role to last 12 months (through rolling 3 month contracts), based mainly on site with RSA’s Digital Team in Horsham. Occasional remote working may be an option at appropriate phases of the project.
We offer competitive day rates, so please let us know your expectations when getting in touch.
How to apply.
To apply, please head over to our join us page and fill out the contact form. Please include a link to your portfolio (website or hosted PDF link is fine).
The interview process.
We’ll review enquiries as they arrive, arranging calls with candidates who fit the bill to find out a little more about you and answer any questions about RSA Digital. If we’re both interested in taking things further, we’ll schedule a face-to-face interview at our Horsham office.
If we mutually agree it’s a great fit, we’ll start the process of on-boarding through our HR department. We’d hope to have you working with the team by late December 2017/early January 2018.
We look forward to hearing from you!